International House of Pancake Racing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
International House of Pancake Racing

Welcome to the International House of Pancake Racing (IHOPR). Here you will find the best of the best when it comes to racing old school pancake armature slot cars. All the way from the vibrator cars of the early 1960's to the re-release of the Ultra-G

3 posters

Fast Pete's RT-HO Ultra-G Super Jet

Fast Petey
    Fast Petey
    Admin

Fast Pete's RT-HO Ultra-G Super Jet Empty Fast Pete's RT-HO Ultra-G Super Jet

Post  Fast Petey Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:51 am

Fast Pete's RT-HO Ultra-G Super Jet 38191_1317785556748_1594028630_727058_444915_n

The only picture I have of this car, I wish I could find the one of the inner workings.

I vacuformed the body to fit the Cobra clip for the T-Jet, the nose had these little strakes that stiffened it up a great deal so you could 'push' the competition out of the way easily. But the slick exterior was just the beginning.

On the inside lived a balanced and blue printed Mean Green, spinning between very hard to find Polymer T-Jet magnets (they were $18 at Lucky Bob's a few years ago), with RT-HO competition motor brushes and BSRT springs. All of the plate gears were replaced with RT-HO machined and lightened brass, I later replaced the brass with the delrin gears to save just a little more weight. The chassis was actually an Ultra-G T-jet with the neo dot, the wheels and tires were Road Race Replicas, these tires are the white letter tires, I just turned them around because I like a black wall tire better. Topped off with BSRT silver plated pick up shoes and springs, and a delrin guide pin, this was one fast T-jet.

For about a week I raced this car against Magna-Tractions and X-Tractions before a couple of the guys decided they wanted to see what made it tick. I immediately got requests to build this $85 car for a number of my friends, ultimately making 60 of them over the course of a year and a half. It was, by far, the fastest T-Jet I have ever owned. I sold about 200 of the Late Model T-jet bodies, it was pretty popular on the east coast.
    tjettom
    Fence Climber

Fast Pete's RT-HO Ultra-G Super Jet Empty Re: Fast Pete's RT-HO Ultra-G Super Jet

Post  tjettom Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:29 pm

Hello Pete....Thanks for all you have done for the hobby....I have some RRR wheels and the newer tires they just released and have been using them for display purposes only. I was wondering are they actually useable for racing especially with all those motor up grades you made. I figured maybe you may have trued the wheels on a lathe and also sanded the tires or were they useable as they came from RRR? Just curious because I buy a lot of RRR products but have never used the tires/wheels except for displaying cars that I have built for people.On my racers I have always used double flange with slip on silis. So just wondering how well they worked out for ya because they look so much nicer on a racer than plain generic double flanged wheels....

Thanks Pete.... Really enjoy the bb and am happy it's for pancake cars only.

Tjettom Baker
    Fast Petey
    Fast Petey
    Admin

Fast Pete's RT-HO Ultra-G Super Jet Empty Re: Fast Pete's RT-HO Ultra-G Super Jet

Post  Fast Petey Thu Aug 26, 2010 1:06 pm

Tom, in 4 years with RRR I've only had a problem with one wheel. I have maybe had 20-25 sets of the 810-817 series and not a bad one in the bunch, and the one bad wheel was one of the narrows I got from a second line vendor. Same with the tires, no truing needed in my experience, and the white letter tires are the best. He has chromed axles that are just a tad shorter then stock OEM that allow you to get the narrows under his bodies, and the DASH cars too. Smile We run a 3R as a SPEC wheel/tire combination in our rule set, 18 cars, no bad wheels yet. I've never has a dismounting problem either, even with the slicker chrome wheels, and even in the car I built with polymer magents. He also carries a white wall tire that is great looking and great for racing too.

kiwidave
    kiwidave
    Cheap Seats

Post  kiwidave Sun Sep 19, 2010 3:55 am

Very,very nice race car!!!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 5:19 pm