International House of Pancake Racing

Welcome to the International House of Pancake Racing (IHOPR). Here you will find the best of the best when it comes to racing old school pancake armature slot cars. All the way from the vibrator cars of the early 1960's to the re-release of the Ultra-G

Daves Fairground Racers

Dave
    Admin

Daves Fairground Racers

Post  Dave on Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:46 am

Got a couple of RRR fairgrounds racer bodies from Pete yesterday. They are just bare bodies right now, but they are beautiful canvases to work up. I am not the greatest at painting and decals but, I'll be working on them. I am going to try putting them on Tuff Ones chassis. Last night, I tried to do the bumpers on my 57 Ford. It didn't come out good enough for me so they will get stripped. I would like to do it two-tone black and white as shown. I'm not sure how I want to do the red 57 Chevy yet.

Fast Petey
    Admin

Re: Daves Fairground Racers

Post  Fast Petey on Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:24 am

I use the little bottles of Duplicolor touch up paint for the chrome and air cleaners, they work great. If you're going to spray the whole car then Krylon is working just fine for that. Glad they got there OK.

Dave
    Admin

Post  Dave on Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:57 am

Thanks for the tip! I was able to clean up a slight over brush on the trunk emblem with a little windex and a razor so it's good now. I will tape up the bumpers and white areas when I spray the black.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jun 23, 2018 5:08 pm