International House of Pancake Racing

Welcome to the International House of Pancake Racing (IHOPR). Here you will find the best of the best when it comes to racing old school pancake armature slot cars. All the way from the vibrator cars of the early 1960's to the re-release of the Ultra-G

Welcome New Members! Come in and introduce yourselves!

Dave
    Admin

Welcome New Members! Come in and introduce yourselves!

Post  Dave on Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:46 pm

Hi! I'm Dave. I live in Lake Geneva, Wisconsin. I just came back up here after three years at Big Bend National Park in Texas. While I was down there I had a fairly large 4-lane layout and over 100 cars. I sold them before I came back. After not too long, I just had to get back into H. O. This time I decided to go with pancakes. Makes me feel like a kid again!

PD2

Re: Welcome New Members! Come in and introduce yourselves!

Post  PD2 on Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:20 pm

Dave wrote:Hi! I'm Dave. I live in Lake Geneva, Wisconsin. I just came back up here after three years at Big Bend National Park in Texas. While I was down there I had a fairly large 4-lane layout and over 100 cars. I sold them before I came back. After not too long, I just had to get back into H. O. This time I decided to go with pancakes. Makes me feel like a kid again!

Dave - are you the one that managed or lived in an RV park down here? I remember one guy on the "previous forum" that was here in Texas on temporary assignment, so to speak. Was just wondering if that was you.

Hi! I'm PD2 (stands for my initials - Paul Daigle II). I live in Cypress, Texas (that's far Northwest Houston - yes, it's on the way to Austin - LOL). I originally started into slot cars in the 1/32 scale racing after years in R/C racing. From there, I started stepping down to 1/43 and finally got pulled into the HO scale. I had Tyco and Aurora tracks when I was a kid and a buddy of mine and I would create some massive layouts and race all night. I have a much smaller collection of slot cars than I used to - mainly cause they have been sold off as I needed the money, but I still love racing cars! I still have my Scalextric 1/32 track and I have my AFX track - right now, both are setup on some 6' folding tables and have about an inch of dust settled on them. As I say, if it has 4 wheels and can race I'm all for it!

PD2 Cool
    Dave
    Admin

Post  Dave on Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:28 pm

Hey Paul! Yeah! That was me. I worked in the park managing a remote store. The one I worked at before that had the RV hook ups. My family talked me into coming back to WI. We had a couple good deals if I remember correctly. Glad to see you here!

Last edited by Dave on Wed Aug 25, 2010 3:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
    kiwidave
    Cheap Seats

Post  kiwidave on Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:47 am

Gidday from NZ! I wish you all the best with this new site!

Cheers Dave.

PD2

Post  PD2 on Wed Aug 25, 2010 4:19 am

Dave wrote:Hey Paul! Yeah! That was me. I worked in the park managing a remote store. The one I worked at before that had the RV hook ups. My family talked me into coming back ti WI. We had a couple good deals if I remember correctly. Glad to see you here!

Yes we did and I thought that was you! If you are ever back in the Houston, TX. area, let me know! With the heat we have been having lately, I don't blame you heading up there - I'd even be inclined to go just get some heat relief! LOL!!

Thanks and congrats on starting this site!
    PD2 Cool
    Dave
    Admin

Post  Dave on Wed Aug 25, 2010 5:08 am

Thanks for joining Dave! We really are international now!
    Dave
    Admin

Post  Dave on Wed Aug 25, 2010 5:11 am

Hey Paul, we actually had a pretty hot and humid summer up here.
    Larry Lype Motorsports
    Cheap Seats

Greetings from Daytona Beach, FL!

Post  Larry Lype Motorsports on Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:19 pm

Hi Gang
    I'm Larry from Port Orange, FL. For those of you who have never heard of Port Orange, it is a suburb of Daytona Beach! I have been a "pancake" racer since the mid 1960's. My wife and I currently have 2 huge layouts in our "slot garage", and a whole bunch of little racers. I wanna wish Dave & Pete all the best in starting this new forum.

Larry
    Dave
    Admin

Post  Dave on Wed Aug 25, 2010 3:45 pm

Thanks Larry! Glad to see you made it over here!
    Larry Lype Motorsports
    Cheap Seats

Post  Larry Lype Motorsports on Wed Aug 25, 2010 3:50 pm

Hi Dave
    Thanks for the invite and welcome! I posted some track pics for everyone, and I'll post more car pics when I get a chance.

Larry

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jun 23, 2018 5:04 pm